So I've done it! I created a blog! I mostly did it so I could let people know whats going on with me without having to repeat myself a million times plus everybody else was doing it ;-) but this blog was actually created intending that both Lauren and I could post on it and just update people as to what is going on in our life. we're also gunna try and put pictures on here as often as possible and just let people know how we are doing. Most the people who read this will already know alot of what I'm gunna explain in this first post but maybe it will fill in the blanks for some of you or who knows maybe a creapy internet crawler will come through and want to know all about me ;-)
so first off I'll go back to BYU winter semester when Lauren and I started dating and she made it quite clear she had no intention of seriously dating me. So 4 months later we were seriously dating with the understanding that we'd have to break up when school ended since we were both going back to our respective parts of the country and I was going on a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. So six months later when I left for my mission she told me that she would write me and that she wanted to wait for me (haha two for two so far).
Well the mission thing didnt work out like either of us had thought. I left for the Missionary training center in Provo Utah October 11 2006 with a call that said after 12 weeks of Language and Theological training I would be heading to Donnetsk Ukraine but instead after 12 weeks in the MTC I was heading for a hospital in Payson Utah to have the second knee surgery of my life.
So after my knee surgery I headed home to New Jersey to recover and during this time Lauren decided she had had just about enough of school and was thinking about becoming a nanny. well it just so happens that one of the best places to be a nanny is the great state of New Jersey. So while I was home I helped her to find a job right near where my parents lived in NJ. The week before she was to come out to NJ I got sent back on my mission and was in Ukraine May 8 2007. I was in Ukraine from then until August 8th when I was sent home again because of the pain I was having in my knee and the limp that I had developed in Ukraine. So after coming home both Lauren and I for only the second time ever actually lived in the same state! I got my third knee surgery at the end of August and was home for another 5 months after that not sure if I would ever actually return to missionary service. But in January I found out that I would actually have a chance to return so after putting our life on hold once again I headed out to Sacramento California where I stayed for only ten weeks before being send home again with torn cartalige in my knee. So I'm now home again but this time its for real.
Since I've gotten home (which is now in Kentucky) I've been helping my parents get a lil more moved in to their new house, helping to set up TVs, computers, and phone. Trying to figure out what I need to do to go back to school and trying to plan a wedding ;-) oh yea did I forget to mention me and Lauren are getting married ;-) we are planning on getting married sometime at the end of the summer but are still trying to work out details. Dont worry the invites haven't gone out yet but we'll let you all know when we know a lil more about whats going on.
Well thats about all for now. Lauren and I will try and keep every one updated as we go.
1 comment:
ha ha we have a crazy life honey, let's just admit it. ;)
Post a Comment