Sunday, May 25, 2008

The OFFICIAL Engagement!... and everything since then


Well now it's my turn! :) Since Matt has updated you all on the past two years, I get to update you on the fun stuff! So last Saturday we drove up to Nashville and met Matt and his parents at the Opryland Hotel. My family had not met his parents yet and so that was on the "agenda" ;) as well as a certain important talk with my Daddy and an important question for me! Ha ha! So here is a picture of Matt and his parents walking to meet us with the Opryland Hotel in the background (it was BEAUTIFUL by the way! :) (Oh, and it's a little hard to see his mom, but she's there, hiding behind Matt. ;)

So after we made introductions and such, we went inside the hotel and found quite a jungle in there!
We walked around and talked for a time, just getting to know each other, and after 10-15 mins, Matt and my dad
held back a little and got to talk for a while, and the rest of us continued exploring the rivers and waters and jungle
plants inside.
Alright so after Matt and Dad got done talking, we went over to a restaurant inside the mall called "The Aquarium". It was built to be cave-like and there were aquariums all inside the restaurant where you could see a bunch of dif
ferent kinds of fish and sharks and jelly-fish. It was so neat! :D
So we ordered and had lunch and got a chance to visit with one another. Well, at one point, Matt excused himself and told me he had to visit the restroom, but I knew better. ;)
So everyone finished their food and we ordered some dessert and had begun eating the dessert, but everyone was getting tired of sitting at the table and so some people were going to the bathroom, and some people were up looking at the fish and taking pictures of them, and Matt was getting hot under the collar! Ha ha. He just wanted everyone to be at the table and for everything to be perfect, so he asked me quite hurriedly to gather the masses ha ha. When I got back to my chair, there was a pretty platter in front of me with arranged fruits and a tomato peel fashioned in the shape of a rose with a silver, crystal-encrusted fortune cookie in the middle.
It was open and inside it there was a silver plate that said, "Will You Marry Me?". So after I read that, I didn't know whether I should give my answer right away, or wait a second. I'm glad that I ended up waiting a second because when I turned to him, he was down on one knee, and he took the ring box out and asked me if I would marry
him... and I said YES!!! :D



2 comments:

Lindsey said...

First of all...You're both very welcome. :) And...isn't it funny how the guys try to be all kinds of sneaky and catch you off guard when they pop the question..but we know! Haha...we always know what they are up to!

Brandie Lyon said...

Hello Lollie lou!