Saturday, December 27, 2008

Red Hair and Facial Hair

So its now Christmas Vacaction and we are in Huntsville AL, taking a break from the worries of the world. But before we get to far into that first we need to do some set up.

So first off the most exciting part of this whole thing is the fact that laurens mom had NO idea we were even coming out for vacation. Only her dad and brothers knew, because her sister Rebecca would have told her mom if she had known. But not only did we have the joy of supprising the crap out of her but we had the joy of flying through O'hare in Chicago!

So of course after getting up at 4 am (ok I'll be honest we actually just never went to bed) on sunday morning we got to O'Hare 20 mins early only to find out that our flight to Nashville had been canceled due to delays in the North East :-D Now Nashville was SUPPOSED to be where we would suprise Laurens mother, where we would get our ride to Alabama and where we were supposed to meet my parents for a quick gift exchange but now our plans had to quickly change. So after getting in to a gate in terminal H we walked all the way to terminal G before we realised our flight was canceled (people who know ohare are gunna LOVE this story) so we get to H realise the big problem and make a B-line for the nearest rebooking counter...in terminal H! So then we get there and find out its just a stupid phone number ANYWAY so I call the number and she tells us the next open flight to nashville is monday morning at 730. Normally being stuck in Chi-town for an extra night would be SWEET cause we'd just call lindsey and hang out with her but she was out of town anyway so that was a BIG no-go. So I started beggin asking if there was anything else. After getting a big Negative from her I asked about getting into huntsville air port and luck for us there was a flight leaving from chicago but it was leaving in fifteen mins from terminal G (or so she said) so I stayed on the phone with her while we litterally sprinted down to the gate. when I told the lady we were at gate G2 she said "wait G as in Golf I'm sorry I ment to say H!" thats right the terminal we had just walked past many many times. So we bolted back to the gate and got to the counter panting and sucking wind and to our supprise actually got seats. we were SOO releived! anyway so after waiting another 2 hours (for the flight that was supposed to leave fifteen mins after we got to the airport) we actually made it to Huntsville.


At the airport Laurens Uncle picked us up (in his 525 BMW might I add) and drove us to the Zittings apartment where her brother had placed a key for us, hidden VERY securly (thanks Christopher). So Lauren and I sat and enjoyed a couple episodes of Heroes waiting for them all to get home. when they did get home Laurens mom was greeted by a daughter she didnt know. not cause lauren has changed who she is but because she very much so changed her hair color.

Gone are the days of the innocent Blonde HELLO fiery redhead haha. We had my 2nd Cousin kerby do it just before we left for AL its been fun supprising people with it and I say it look pretty dang good.

So since we've been here we basically passed the time each just doing our own thing. What ever we feel is relaxing and fun.





For brandon fun and relaxing is playing on the families brand new Wii








For rebecca fun consists of taking her dads computer and then spending the rest of the day glowering at anybody who dares say a word to her. What word it is doesnt matter it all warrents the look of SATAN







Laurens mom is mostly enjoying just resting while she has all of her slaves home. I quickly took on the role of Kitchen slave spending most of my time hanging out there cooking the family meals...which I'm cool with I kinda like being about to do something I'm good at it makes me a lil more comfortable. So while I'm in there Shelly gets some rest.

Barry has still had to do some work while we've been here but when he's not doing that he get to spend time just haning out on the family computer checking out songs and some of the new technology coming down the pike (maybe a plasma?)






Christopher took off this morning headed for Chicago cause he's too cool for the rest of us.
Lauren and I are just here enjoying the married life and holidays with the in laws.







5 comments:

Heather Stott said...

ok I really enjoyed the post until I got to the last post ugh, make me gag! hahaha! thanks for the update, you guys better get better at this whole blogging thing! but thanks it was fun.

Lindsey said...

I will have to agree with Heather here....I quite enjoyed the holiday commentary til I got to that last picture! EW! You guys may be married...but I'm pretty sure this best friend has never been in your company to see you kiss let alone....ew...gross...just wrong...kay. Keep things G rated please!!!! Innocent eyes are watching...yes I'm speaking about MY eyes!

Anonymous said...

Alright, how's that now? Did we spare the world of our PG rated picture? ;)

Lindsey said...

Haha it was more like PG-13...and now I feel like an idiot because people will see my comment then look at the picture and be like...what the freak is she talking about...what a weirdo..and now I feel self-conscious...

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

So, your airport experience sounded as exciting as ours. We about missed our connection on Christmas Eve...how much would that suck. Can't wait to see you guys next week!